Although garbage cans are meant to be dirty; but, it is also very important to wash them quite often. Now if you decide not to do so, it surely will contribute very stingy smell to its surroundings. I am sure you don’t want that; no one does! Now, cleaning your garbage can is not as complicated as you imagine it would be.
Let’s not waste time and look into the process.
- Start your operation when the garbage trucks have taken the garbage from your cans. Take the cans to a place where you can easily spend some water over it.
- Pour some detergent or any other cleanser you like. And pour water in it with garden hose. Make sure it pressurizes over the detergent, in that way you won’t need to mix the detergent with water. It will mix automatically.
- If the garbage cans have lids; make sure to do the same to it too.
- After that get rid of all the soapy waters from the garbage can.
- Wash the garbage can with the garden hose again. But this time just clear water only.
- The garbage cans should be cleaned by this process. If it still smells bad; you can repeat the process.
- It is very important that you let the garbage cans to be completely dried before you start using them again. The wetness can create a sticky smell as well. If you didn’t know; trust me it does smell very bad.
You should clean your garbage cans once in a week or at least once in two weeks. Cleaning it often would somewhat lower the smells coming from it.
The cleaning method for outdoor garbage can and indoor garbage can is pritty similar. Hope the full article helps.